Software Engineer Core Reliability is responsible for a combination of Site Reliability and Release Engineering tasks. This includes supporting teams through the development of ALM tooling, processes and creating observability to increase system stability and uptime.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2 – 5 years of industry experience in Release Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, DevOps, or similar
- Strong understanding of programming & scripting languages (PowerShell, dotnet/C#, Bash,Typescript)
- Visual Studio, IIS, Scrum/Agile and Distributed Systems experience required
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using IaC tools like Chef, Pulumi, or Terraform
- Experience debugging complex problems
- Experience with version control systems
- Preferred experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS)
- Preferred experience with containers and orchestration platforms, such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Preferred experience with monitoring systems such as New Relic
- Detailed oriented, professional and possesses a positive work attitude
- Communicate professionally both verbally and written
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documents and builds tools to aid with metrics and visibility.
- Measures and drives change through all facets of the Application Lifecycle Management process (includes but is not limited to tooling, pipeline efficiency, and policies).
- Regularly collaborates with other engineers on prioritized operational and team project tasks.
- Adheres to internal best practices and coding conventions.
- Develops CI/CD processes to improve release cadence.
- Facilitates company standards through metrics, policies, and automation.
- Creates and drives improvement through observable, efficient, and tracked metrics.
- Responsible for technical documentation and system design.
- Must be available for on call rotations.
- All other duties as assigned.